To become an ESRA volunteer you must meet the criteria listed below;
- Not currently misusing drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Support the aims, values and mission statement of ESRA
As an ESRA volunteers you :
- Will attend a 3-hour induction training
- Should adhere to policies and procedures at all times
- Should complete any task that you have agreed undertake
- Should act in the best interests of ESRA
- Can attend the Members Forum and all other appointments that have been booked in relation to your role
- Will be encourage to actively participate in group/ one to one supervision and undertake training as necessary
- Should give adequate notice before leaving where possible
- Will act in a way which will not bring ESRA into disrepute
- Will respect other people’s pathway to recovery and promote choice
- Will bring any ideas, queries or questions to the group so that decisions can be made
- Will ensure that you ask for help where needed.
- Will read, respect and uphold all of our policies, procedures and group boundaries
- In return ESRA will offer:
- Ongoing support including 1-1 meetings with our Deputy Manager every 6-8 weeks.
- The choice in what projects to become involved in, subject to ESRA’s needs and capacity as well as a member’s suitability for the role
All Out of pocket expenses including travel and if you volunteer for more than 6 hours in one day you can claim up to £5 for lunch.
An opportunity to have free counselling sessions
Ongoing training opportunities to support personal development.
Be involved in the development of projects and ESRA as a whole Access to information and support relating to your roles
If, as a member/ volunteer, you feel these things are not happening then it should be raised at the Recovery Forum or by using the internal complaints procedure.
ESRA Opening Times
All ESRA business, other than advertised activities, should be conducted in normal office hours ( unless agreed by directors), which are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 – 4.30
If email or other communications are sent outside these hours, they will not be read until the next working day.
Please contact Alison Bissett (Deputy Manager) for any further support on: 01424 435328 or fill in the form below.